Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Naptime Quilt


I've finished this for my daughter the week after Valentine's, but what can I say... things have been hectic. We've had one illness after another, after another, around here. I'm looking forward to spring! These colors are definitely a spring-y combination. The best is that my daughter loves it.

This sews up super quick. I added an extra fabric strip row to each side of the quilt so it will last my daughter a while. The green gingham on the back has some significance for me. When I was little, I had a favorite pillow that was green gingham satin. I couldn't sleep without that and my blankie.

Perfect for a two year old who loves pink
Quilted row by row, by me

Pattern: modified from For Ella's Sister from Jacquelynne Steves of The Noble Wife. Note that this pattern is better if you don't pre-wash. I did and mine had enough shrinkage that I had to piece the long strips and the sashing strips. I didn't pay attention to the 42" width. Ooops!

Fabrics: primarily Quite Contrary by My Mind's Eye for Riley Blake, Nicey Jane, a pink print I bought while in Australia by A Day in the Country, Flutterby, Sweet, Meadowsweet, Tracy Porter, and old pink print from Possibilities, plus some random scraps. The backing is a small lime gingham, which I think might be Moondance.

No comments :