Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Lone Starburst Mini



I made this Lone Starburst block into a mini for my Connecting Threads stand. (The paper piecing pattern for it is free over on Craftsy!) It is made of some scraps and a color-slubbed chambray. I got the chambray at Snappy Quilts but I can't remember who made it. I love it and should have written it down!


I quilted the heck out of it and really like the effect. I had originally tried some itty, bitty feathers in the center but that had to be ripped out. They were bad. Really bad. This is much better.

I just whip stitched it onto the holder. Works for me!


On a side note...
How do you manage your solids and wovens (or any fabric with no selvedge)? I haven't done much to keep track of mine. I have a solids card of Michael Miller solids to help identify those in my stash, but I've got lots of other brands too. I think I'm going to start just making my own selvedge marks. Nothing wrong with writing down what it is and what color in that area. Too bad I'm too late with that idea for my current stash!


No comments :