Monday, June 9, 2014

Ready to quilt! Boxed In and Forgotten Fabric: Top 1 of ???

I'll start off showing the Boxed In quilt. It is so pretty and sweet. I'm sending it out to be quilted because I don't have time and I'm on a deadline to give it to my niece. The backing is one gigantic four patch. I love it! I'm definitely going to do this for a back again.



the back is a 60'' x 60'' four patch
Second, I'm not sure how I did it, but in between a very busy weekend I managed to cut and piece the Forgotten Fabric quilt. I don't love it but not to the point that I'll do anything more with it. I'm glad it is done but I sort of wish I had just cut squares and done a plain patchwork quilt. Live and learn! Plus, I think quilting will bring it all together. Extra bonus is that I'm glad I don't have to feel guilty about that stack of fabric and I can mentally move on AND I've got a gift for someone that I think was meant to have this.

I love the pattern (Carryall Tote and Throw from Valori Wells) and how quickly it comes together. I need to get out some of my big prints and make this one again. It sings with larger scale prints.

And no more stashing fabric for a project because I think someone else will like it. Only stashing fabric because I like it. I don't want to turn this blog into Craft Crappy.


So what do you think? Is that an ok quilt? Or an embarrassment to the craft? lol!

No comments :